Friday 31 March 2017

A refugees tale

I always wondered how hard it would be for a refugee , every once in a while i had to read about people getting drowned in sea, when they decided to cross the borders, Ever since then i wanted to write about them, and today i imagine being one among them waiting for the imminent fate

I wasn't a kite,but i dreamt to fly high
breaking that thread that connects me
to the mother land, cutting away that umbilical chord
flying far away from all these miseries
towards a place where all dreams shall bloom
But my dream came with a cost
twenty eight silver coins for the stranger
who sailed the ship towards the destiny.
was that simple dream of mine-
to live a descent life, that heavy of costs?

But soon my wonder dissolved in the sight
Of two hundred men packed closely in a boat
that allowed me a place thats one halfth of my feet
all my life i never had expected-
A space for my feet shall cost me a fortune
I sold my home , my farmland only to buy what?
you may think i am a fool,but i am closer to my dream
For the world my dream worth smaller than a nine inch space
But its the only thing that i have for now

we sailed day and night standing under the sun and the moon
And only little did we eat or drink
Days turned into weeks and now i had enough space to sit
I wondered where the others embarked
And i know sooner it will be my turn to leave
So that day did arrive with tremendous vigour,
with light works and thunderous sound
For we were caught in a storm in that cold night of december
with more than hundred aboard, our boat decided to take a dip
and when i was gasping for air, closer to the gate keeper of death
I searcherd my empty pockets, just to bribe my way out of this misery

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Estranged

the retribution for the sins I walked through the hells corridor the hot metallic floor where  the bones melt like candles I felt no...